Monday, April 23, 2012

14 April, 2012

It seemed like any other Saturday afternoon.   Until we heard it.   That sound.   It started out softly, but we knew it was getting closer.   Jonathan called to me with his eyes -- "Can we make it?"   


Minutes later, we returned to our apartment, older somehow, ice cream bars in hand.   Jonathan has not been the same since.   He had finally completed a childhood ritual that I always took for granted. We left the apartment as  two distinctive individuals, but returned as equals.





"I doubt the world holds for anyone a more soul-stirring surprise than the first adventure with ice cream." - Heywood Broun

2 comments:

  1. haha, I love it! Someday I'll be your guys' equals, too... (since I've never experienced an icecream truck).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. haha...next time call us!!

    ReplyDelete